Hard Hat Area!
Please take full responsibility for yourself while visiting. The site is “subject to regular renovation” and the energetic modalities are "experimental" and considered "alternative" to the healing arts that are licensed in the United States.
The new field of energy therapeutic practice "works with one or more aspects of the human energy system to bring about body-mind relief."[i] Scientific studies are "confirming the value of these approaches for releasing trauma and anxiety as well as increasing relaxation, reducing pain sensation, and enhancing a sense of well-being."[ii] While the energy methods are considered to be gentle and noninvasive, it is possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort which can be perceived as negative side effects.
These methods are relatively new and may still come with some considerations. "The extent and breadth of their effectiveness, including benefits and risks are not yet fully known."[iii] Though the following points should be considered, it is also worthy of note that they consist more of a list of possible advantages and advancements that could be experienced during a session than advisements. While drugs are an important and necessary element in our health care, their warning labels are iatrogenic alerts. The energy medicine disclaimer has a far more palatable set of side effects and warnings that make it a worthy of consideration.
The following advisements should be considered:
• Intense or traumatic memories may diminish. This could adversely affect one’s ability to provide supportive legal testimony regarding a traumatic incident.
• Reactions may surface during an energy balancing that neither the therapist nor client can foresee, “which may include strong emotional or physical sensations or bring memories of additional, unresolved memories”[iv] (opening the door to more blocked energies that can be neutralized).
• “Emotional material may continue to surface after a session and give indication of other incidents that need to be addressed”[v]
(illuminating a new path that can be followed for more growth).
• Practitioner may refer you to “other practitioners who have specific skills to help with problem areas beyond their scope of practice.”[vi]
• Clinical kinesiology, known as energy or muscle testing, may be used. This may involve light contact with the body. Permission to touch (or release) must be obtained prior to the first session.
• You will be participating and partnering with the practitioner in learning personal self-care about your own energy system as part of the therapeutic process.[vii]
The above knowledge is an important precursor of information for you in understanding the scope of any energy method you may choose. Please obtain any additional information or professional advice you consider necessary to make an informed decision before beginning any form of energy therapeutics. You should always choose of your own free will to participate free from pressure or influence from any person or group. You should always be aware you have the right to cease using these modalities at any time.[viii] [ix]
[i]Dorothea Hover-Kramer, Creating Healing Relationships: Professional Standards for Energy Therapy Practitioners (Santa Rosa, CA: Energy Psychology Press, 2011), 230–231.
[ii] to and including [viii] Ibid.
[ix] R Leah Moon, Essays on the Healing Continuum: The Journey Of A Healer Responding To An Evolving World Vision With Love (Amarillo, TX: Moon, 2013), 126-128.
Feel Better - Think More Clearly - Get What You Want In Life Now!
Spiritual Healing is a Sacred Ministry. The information contained in this document and on my website, including ideas, suggestions, research, therapies, techniques, and other materials, is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice. Please read the website and Disclaimer before scheduling an appointment to insure you are fully informed about Spirit-Mind-Body-Energy Balancing.